Funny how people react when you tell them you don’t eat meat… like it’s the strangest thing they’ve ever heard. I was talking with a business friend last week, explaining to her that I’m basically vegan, and she said she couldn’t imagine not eating meat. Really? Why not?
There’s so much recent information on how ‘not good for you’ meat is, how damaging meat production is to the environment, and it goes without saying how awful it is for the animals involved, so my question is really this: Why would you choose to eat meat when there are so many other amazing foods to eat?
I recently watched the movie ‘What the Health‘, and was reminded again why I stopped eating meat several years ago. I had kinda slipped back into some old habits in the last couple of years, mainly for convenience, and this movie was the wake up call I needed to get back on track.
Moving forward, I will be posting information to help you make gradual changes to your food choices, helping you transition to a plant-based food plan. If reducing meat and animal products in your diet is one of your goals, I will help you with real world information, things you can implement right away.
I’m not a diet coach, or a doctor, but I do care about the food I stick in my mouth. I’m not perfect by any means, but I’m doing my best to make better choices on a daily basis, and I’m feeling better and losing weight.
I will say that for me cheese and butter are the hardest things to give up on a vegan diet… I don’t even miss the meat, seriously. I’ve lost my taste for it. But I’m always on the lookout for good non-animal substitutes, and I will post about the ones I really like.
Hope this info is helpful to you too!
I’ve been building an MLM business and team for almost 3.5 years, and here is a list of 12 things that have helped me be successful in an MLM. For the record, I’m with dōTERRA.
- Find an MLM company whose products you LOVE, use and recommend, even if there was no business opportunity attached.
- Become a ‘Product of the Product’, which means you’re using the products and can share and explain them to anyone who asks.
- Find an MLM that has consumable products, where people need to order often, like monthly, as this is how you build long-term residual income.
- Research the integrity of the company, and only go with a company that has a good reputation, has sustainable practices, and gives back to the community.
- Understand the compensation plan. Make sure you understand the types of plans out there: Party plan, Unilevel, etc… dōTERRA is a Unilevel plan with bonuses paid weekly and monthly, depending on your activity, and how much effort you put into it. dōTERRA’s Unilevel plan pays a higher percentage as you build down, and as you help your downline be successful.
- Ongoing personal development is huge, so you need to be willing to read, attend webinars and seminars to constantly improve and uplevel your skills as a salesperson and ultimately as a leader.
- Attend the annual convention and other corporate events with your people. No excuses, make sure you’re there.
- This is a numbers game, so figure out a way to always be meeting new people, whether it’s through events, classes you teach, 1:1s, online groups, Facebook, a blog, just do whatever works for you. And be consistent. Have ‘Income Producing Activities’ on your calendar every day and do them!
- The key to success is deciding that you’re going to be successful, no matter what. It’s all in your mindset, and what you focus on. If you believe you will be successful, do the work and surround yourself with positive, self-motivated people, you will be successful. It takes time, but it’s totally worth it.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone except who you were yesterday. Enjoy the journey and give yourself permission to succeed on your timetable. We all have family and other obligations, and maybe you are still working a full-time job, but these are not excuses. If you really want it, you will find a way to carve out the time you need to build your business.
- Don’t let the negative social stigma of being part of an MLM stop you from reaching your goals and dreams. You will need to endure some negative criticism from well-meaning but ignorant people, so toughen up. Legitimate MLMs are a fantastic way to make as much money as you want. Do not listen to anyone who is not paying your bills, as they don’t get a say in how you choose to earn money and support your family.
- Never give up! That’s really the only way you can fail in an MLM is to quit. Reject mediocrity and go for it!
I consider myself successful, as I’ve replaced my income from my prior work in the real estate industry, and I’m just getting started. Being successful in this business requires mental and emotional toughness, and willingness to learn and grow.
Would I want to go back to what I was doing before? Never! Do I have days that are tough when I want to quit? Of course. This is like any other job, except I get to decide when and where I work, how much I work, and how much I want to get paid, so there’s no going back for me. I’m hooked!
In the words of Eric Worre, we really do have a better way!
#networkmarketing #success #decide #mlm #mindset #positive #belief #career #time #money #wealth #healthy #essentialoils #straightup #residualincome #business #doterra #getpaidwhatyoureworth #youcandoit #winning #bossbabe #ceo #ownit #legitimate
Bring the wine country ‘feeling’ to your home with a chilled Sonoma Chardonnay, some fresh flowers, a few gourmet snacks like cheese, crackers, maybe some kalamata olives, and the ‘Sonoma’ diffuser blend with dōTERRA Essential Oils.
The Sonoma diffuser blend recipe: 2 drops of Rosemary oil, and 3 drops of Citrus Bliss oil.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself! Think about all the amazing things in your life you have to be grateful for and give thanks. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more things you will receive to be grateful for… funny how that works!
This is one of my favorite diffuser blends, and while these oils smell amazing, they also have powerful antibacterial and uplifting properties as well. By diffusing these high quality essential oils, you’re helping everyone in your house feel better, especially you!
Yep, that’s it!
Decide what you want and go after it my friends! If you want to become, achieve or acquire ‘something’, and you want it so bad that you feel like it’s already yours, and you BELIEVE it’s yours, then it becomes your reality.
I love this quote, and live by it. The hardest part for me is deciding exactly what I want, and believing that I ‘deserve’ it, which is really only an upper-limit belief blocker that I need to work through.
We (Fred and I) have had several examples of this working in our real lives over the past 25 years, and I know it absolutely works.
Here’s one: We decided that we wanted to build a house back in 1999/2000, in Northern California, and we just started moving forward as if it was a done deal. We found a great 5 acre parcel within the price range we set, we agreed on the house design, had it drawn up, got the financing in place, and made it happen.
Looking back, I know it was the deciding and believing that brought it all together, even though I had no concept of these ideals at the time… we just made it happen.
Everything is actually ‘created’ 3 times: First as an idea, next as a plan either in writing or in your head, then it manifests in your life physically.
And it works for relationships, jobs, personal achievements, things you want, pretty much everything!
Our minds are so powerful, and yet many of us live lives of mindless and meaningless existence, trudging through the work week, stuck in a cubicle, working with people we don’t like, doing work that bores us to tears, always wondering ‘what if I could’…
Guess what? YOU CAN!
Decide, Believe & you will Achieve whatever you want… but it’s up to you to take the action.
If you want things to change in your life, you need to change things in your life. Do it now! Don’t wait! There will never be a perfect time, so get on with it! Go for what you want!