Ginger-Lime Sugar Scrub recipe… take care of you first!
This Ginger-Lime Brown Sugar Scrub is super easy to make, and also makes a great gift! This scrub helps to exfoliate and soften your skin during fall & winter months. For best results, use one to two times a week on hands, feet, legs, or arms.
If you don’t love the Ginger Lime scent, omit those and add your favorite dōTERRA oils.
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup turbinado sugar
½ cup dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
10 drops Lime oil
5 drops Ginger oil
Note: Turbinado sugar is a large grained sugar that helps with deep exfoliation. If you don’t have turbinado sugar, you can use all brown sugar.
Combine brown sugar, turbinado sugar, FCO and essential oils in bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Store in airtight container.
To use, apply a small amount to hands and scrub for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Delicious!
LAVENDER-ROSEMARY ‘RELUXATION’ SPA SHOWER EXPERIENCE
As a busy entrepreneur, I’m always looking for simple, self-care mini-spa rituals that I can do at home, and last night I created this luxurious, relaxing shower/bath combo experience that I know you’re gonna love!
After just 20-30 minutes, I felt refreshed, soothed and serene.
My bathtub is small, so instead of doing a full body soaking bath, I did this as a shower/foot spa instead.
Here’s the recipe:
- 20-30 minutes of absolute privacy in a bathroom with a locked door
- Spa music: I love the Relax: New World Music Spa Collection (Opening Petals by Llewellyn & Marina Swain; Butterfly World by David Sun, etc.)
- Sea salt (or Epsom salt), approximately 1/2 cup (4 oz.)
- Lavender essential oil & Rosemary essential oil (I use only dōTERRA)
- dōTERRA Spa Body Wash or soap of your choice
- Glass of wine (I had Jason Stephens 2011 Estate Merlot – delicious!)
- Cup of tea
- Candles (flameless candles are best)
- Start the music and light candles. Take your drink of choice into the shower with you.
- Take a warm shower – get clean and wash your hair if you like
- Once you’re clean, put a stopper in the tub, but keep the shower going
- Sprinkle in the salt and stir with your feet
- Sprinkle 8-10 drops of Lavender oil and 6-8 drops of Rosemary oil into tub water
- While standing with your back to the shower, drizzle 3-4 drops of Lavender oil onto your chest, followed by 3-4 drops of Rosemary oil; rub oils on your body and into hands
- Raise hands to your face and take in a few deep, relaxing breaths
- Express gratitude for the moment of pure luxury, your beautiful body and your amazing life!
- Sprinkle 3-4 drops of Rosemary oil onto your scalp and gently massage in (Rosemary helps with hair growth!) Rinse after a few minutes.
- Luxuriate in the experience: inhale the love and abundance in your life; exhale gratitude.
I hope you enjoy this experience as much as I do!
If you would like samples of the oils, DM me please.