I’ve been building an MLM business and team for almost 3.5 years, and here is a list of 12 things that have helped me be successful in an MLM. For the record, I’m with dōTERRA.
- Find an MLM company whose products you LOVE, use and recommend, even if there was no business opportunity attached.
- Become a ‘Product of the Product’, which means you’re using the products and can share and explain them to anyone who asks.
- Find an MLM that has consumable products, where people need to order often, like monthly, as this is how you build long-term residual income.
- Research the integrity of the company, and only go with a company that has a good reputation, has sustainable practices, and gives back to the community.
- Understand the compensation plan. Make sure you understand the types of plans out there: Party plan, Unilevel, etc… dōTERRA is a Unilevel plan with bonuses paid weekly and monthly, depending on your activity, and how much effort you put into it. dōTERRA’s Unilevel plan pays a higher percentage as you build down, and as you help your downline be successful.
- Ongoing personal development is huge, so you need to be willing to read, attend webinars and seminars to constantly improve and uplevel your skills as a salesperson and ultimately as a leader.
- Attend the annual convention and other corporate events with your people. No excuses, make sure you’re there.
- This is a numbers game, so figure out a way to always be meeting new people, whether it’s through events, classes you teach, 1:1s, online groups, Facebook, a blog, just do whatever works for you. And be consistent. Have ‘Income Producing Activities’ on your calendar every day and do them!
- The key to success is deciding that you’re going to be successful, no matter what. It’s all in your mindset, and what you focus on. If you believe you will be successful, do the work and surround yourself with positive, self-motivated people, you will be successful. It takes time, but it’s totally worth it.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone except who you were yesterday. Enjoy the journey and give yourself permission to succeed on your timetable. We all have family and other obligations, and maybe you are still working a full-time job, but these are not excuses. If you really want it, you will find a way to carve out the time you need to build your business.
- Don’t let the negative social stigma of being part of an MLM stop you from reaching your goals and dreams. You will need to endure some negative criticism from well-meaning but ignorant people, so toughen up. Legitimate MLMs are a fantastic way to make as much money as you want. Do not listen to anyone who is not paying your bills, as they don’t get a say in how you choose to earn money and support your family.
- Never give up! That’s really the only way you can fail in an MLM is to quit. Reject mediocrity and go for it!
I consider myself successful, as I’ve replaced my income from my prior work in the real estate industry, and I’m just getting started. Being successful in this business requires mental and emotional toughness, and willingness to learn and grow.
Would I want to go back to what I was doing before? Never! Do I have days that are tough when I want to quit? Of course. This is like any other job, except I get to decide when and where I work, how much I work, and how much I want to get paid, so there’s no going back for me. I’m hooked!
In the words of Eric Worre, we really do have a better way!
#networkmarketing #success #decide #mlm #mindset #positive #belief #career #time #money #wealth #healthy #essentialoils #straightup #residualincome #business #doterra #getpaidwhatyoureworth #youcandoit #winning #bossbabe #ceo #ownit #legitimate